Try these "suggestions" - spiritual street smarts to unfold your inner freedom!
The Ten Commandments give us impeccable rules for how to behave. But they don't say much about the inner awareness from which our outer behavior springs. This leaves the field open for The Zen Commandments: Ten Suggestions for a Life of Total Freedom.
These aren't more carved-in-stone commandments, but practical suggestions for unfolding your experience of inner freedom. That way, effective, compassionate behavior can arise naturally from your growing sense of peace, happiness, and balance. And when you feel good, you'll find that those good feelings overflow spontaneously into doing good.
The Zen Commandments
In this life-changing program, Dean Sluyter integrates East and West, ancient and modern, finding potent spiritual teachings in Zen stories, the Bible, and Tibetan meditative techniques, as well as American movies and pop songs. With the warmth, humor, clarity, and common sense that have made his workshops popular throughout the United States, he steers clear of dogma and emphasizes what works - a sort of spiritual street smarts.
Real spirituality is not a daydream of retreating into the forest or becoming a plaster saint. It's being the person you already are, in the life you already live, but applying the kind of practical step-by-step techniques offered here, so that day by day, moment to moment, your life becomes easier, more fulfilling, and even more enlightened.
Among these 10 life suggestions you'll discover how to:
- Awaken to boundless inner awareness.
- Relax into "just being" by letting go and doing nothing.
- Practice greater kindness and compassion.
- Become the perfect student of imperfect teachers.
- Liberate yourself from exaggerated anxieties about past and future by living in the now.
- Find simplicity by uncluttering your life from within.
- Practice devotion and faith for a greater sense of love and happiness.
- Let go of disappointment by experiencing nonexpectancy.
- Bless everyone and everything to bring a deeper peace and joy into your life.
- Disconnect the "dots of perception" to free yourself from labels, limitations, and preconceived notions.
- Live fully and laugh deeplywhile being a "mensch" ? and more!
Publishers Weekly has called Dean Sluyter's teaching style "joyously entertaining." In this enlightening audio experience he shows you that the state of boundless freedom and happiness isn't something distant or exotic. It's right here, right now, even when you're stuck in traffic, mowing the lawn, or taking out the trash. Enjoy!
|NC Product ID||24050CD|
|Contents||6 Audio CDs|