Living Better … Naturally Article by: Ed Foreman
The sincere effort of our medical professionals to alleviate pain and cure cancer and other disease is appreciated. Yet we often find the treatment is more damaging and deadly than the disease it purports to treat. We are on the leading edge of excellence for the treatment of degenerative diseases and a higher quality of life through Alternative Health Care. The patient’s responsibility, attitude of mind, and actions are likely, in most instances, the most important ingredient in the healing process.
Recently, at the Annual Cancer Control Convention in Los Angeles, I met, listened to, and counseled with more than 60 health professionals, including medical doctors, dentists, nutritionists, chiropractors, naturopaths, biologists, scientists, pharmacists, endocrinologists, and herbalists, along with hundreds of healthy, happy, recovering former patients.
For four days, we listened to success stories of health and wellness recoveries from degenerative diseases such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, arthritis, AIDS, fibromyalgia, chronic back pain, migraine headaches, and a multitude of others through a variety of therapies (Laetrile, Warburg, Chelation, Hyperthermia, Immunology, Electro Therapy, Gerson, Hoxsey, Issels, Koch, Cell Specific Cancer Therapy [CSCT], Detoxification, and others.) These alternative treatments are available at reputable clinics throughout the world: the Bahamas, the Dominican Republic, Germany, 40 facilities in Mexico, and at a variety of health and wellness centers in the United States.
These successful wellness clinics and hospitals have developed a beautiful blend of art and science. If the patient is ignored and the focus of the therapy is the disease, quality of life can easily be destroyed. Shifting the focus to the patient gives him or her hope and allows the person to experience a therapy that is uplifting not only to the immune system but also to the spirit.
It was interesting and reassuring to learn that many of the techniques for physical, mental and emotional wellness are key elements in most of these therapies and patient recovery programs, such as proper nutrition, daily aerobic exercise, stress reduction, mind controlled relaxation, visualization, and smoking cessation. Developing a daily habit pattern of confident, healthy, stress-controlled, spiritual living is the basis for a strong immune system and total wellness.
A mind full of worry, hate, bitterness, hurt, jealousy, loneliness, regret and fear…a stomach full of fats, oils and grease, aspartame, refined sugars, salt, white flour and starches…a liver filled with alcohol, caffeine, colas, diet colas, and chemicals…lungs filled with carbon monoxide, exhaust and toxic fumes…can not and will not deliver health and wellness. Only when you accept the responsibility for your own physical, mental and spiritual health will you be well.
Wholesome nourishment of the physical body and daily vigorous exercise are key ingredients to vitality and longevity. Above all, to renew the spirit… to give up mental anguish…hate, hurt, fear, anger, jealousy, worry, regret and bitterness…and to accept and embrace love, understanding, hope and forgiveness is the deep-seated secret to recovery and wellness. You must regain the faith, love and appreciation within yourself to trigger the body’s magnificent healing powers.
By combining all of these principles with a six-point daily health and wellness plan, I turned 70 years young on December 22, 2003 …. and am much more vibrant, happy and healthy than when I was 35. The physical stress tests I underwent at Dallas Cooper Clinic show that in the past 30 years, I have (a) gained muscle mass and reduced fat, (b) lowered my overall body weight by approximately 50 lbs., (c) improved my cholesterol (total/HDL) ratio) and (d) developed a stronger, healthier cardiovascular fitness.
What I did, you can do too, and I can guarantee you will experience the same incredible physical and mental turnaround. All it takes is a heartfelt commitment to build a better lifestyle naturally, and a few simple adjustments to your daily routine:
- Do regular aerobic exercise such as walking, jogging, swimming, or cycling for 30 to 60 minutes every day. (Yes, every day, although I do vary the intensity of my workout on alternate days and include muscle toning exercises including calisthenics, weight lifting, and body machines.)
- Eat the right kinds of food, without depriving yourself or following a starvation diet. Eat lots of complex carbohydrates (beans, peas, potatoes, rice, pasta, whole grain cereals, and breads), limit the fat to 20% or less of your total intake, and drink 8 to 10 eight ounce glasses of water each day.
- Take daily vitamin and mineral supplements that include a minimum of 1000 mg. Vitamin C, 550 I.U. Vitamin E; 25,000 I.U. Vitamin A (Beta Carotene); 30 mg Coenzyme CoQ10, and a multiple vitamin-mineral supplement. This daily antioxidant combination will help you maintain strong, healthy cellular energy, cardiovascular wellness, and youthful vitality. CoQ10 controls the flow of oxygen within individual cells and is showing amazing results in the prevention and treatment of heart and circulatory diseases, diabetes, periodontal diseases and aging.
- Get six to eight hours of sleep each night. Rest when you are tired. Learn to replenish your physical and mental energy by mind-controlled relaxation.
- Lower your stress level by thinking about what you do want to happen rather than what you don’t want to happen. Avoid toxic relationships, arguments and controversy by looking for and expecting the best in others and life. Look for the best in everything that happens.
- Enjoy what you do. Get excited, happy and enthusiastic about what you are doing…or quit and go do something you can get excited about. Life is for Laughing, Loving and Living…not just for Whining, Worrying and Working!
Sound too simple … too complicated … too Pollyanna-ish? Just try these simple steps and you will see for yourself how easy it is to make a major difference in the way you are living your life. You’ll treasure it as one of the best decisions you ever made…one of the best gifts you ever gave yourself!
All it takes is a heartfelt commitment to build a better lifestyle
naturally, and a few simple adjustments to your daily routine:
- Do regular aerobic exercise.
- Eat the right kinds of food.
- Take daily vitamin and mineral supplements.
- Get six to eight hours of sleep each night.
- Lower your stress level by looking for the best in everything.
- Enjoy what you do.
Ed Foreman went from farm boy to a self-made millionaire by the age of 26 and a former United States Congressman from two different states, Texas and New Mexico. Ed is not a “reporter”… he has lived his message of health, wealth and happiness that is helping business leaders from around the world get more meaningful living out of life, reduce their levels of stress and anxiety, turn worry into success and have more fun! A dynamic business entrepreneur and active civic leader, Ed has developed numerous programs and products and persuasively “sells” the success formula he lives by.